Social media can be a valuable tool for network marketers; for both network marketing company owners and MLM consultants. Despite popular thought, social media can be complicated and difficult for the busy entrepreneur to navigate. Here are some tips to help you better market your network marketing company. We’ve provided 10 social media marketing tips for the average network marketer:
1) Create original and valuable content for your website and blog. Write content that visitors want to read, link to and share. The best content that you can create will be related to the type of product and/or service that you are offering. Share and link your new content and articles to your social media accounts.
2) Follow and “friend” others that have content related to your own. Share and “like” their content to encourage them to share and “like” your content in return.
3) Learn as much as possible about each social networking site that you join, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. The better you know how to navigate and use a social networking site, the better you’ll be able to use it to your benefit.
4) Build a blog and share the content you create on your social media accounts. Grow a list of subscribers and make use of these subscribers.
5) Utilize plugins and applications that connect your social media accounts. This will make content sharing much easier, especially if you have many social media accounts.
6) Learn all you can about hashtags, SEO (search engine optimization) and social media sharing. Limitless information about these topics can be found online.
7) Share your product photos and company highlight images on Instagram and other social media websites. Instagram in particular has been very generous to product-based companies.
8) Promote your business using social media by sharing your vision and goals with your friends and followers.
9) Track the success you’ve had with specific posts and shares and duplicate what works. If you have posts that fail to gain an audience, ask yourself why and make adjustments.
10) Avoid blatant advertising, sales and recruiting. Most people don’t appreciate blunt advertising.
Once you get used to using social media as a marketing tool, you’ll figure out what works for you and your company. Pay attention to what works best for your marketing needs. Share and post positive content and avoid anything that is negative, including complaints. Finally, social media is meant to be enjoyed, so have fun while you market your business online.
Share with us your social media marketing tips below. We’d love to hear how you’ve achieved success through social marketing.
Find us on our social networks:
Our next Starting and Running the Successful MLM Company Conference takes place May 15th & 16th, 2014 in Las Vegas. Call 503-226-6600 or 800-231-2162 to register.