The Legal Ins and Outs of Marketing Discount Services
By Jeffrey A. Babener
Excerpted from Network Marketing: What You Should
Know, Jeffrey Babener, Legaline Publications
MLM consultant practice tips. Many MLM
companies choose to provide MLM Replicated websites for MLM distributors. In addition to providing camera ready copy for MLM media advertising,
MLM replicated websites provide consistency in the MLM Opportunity message
and prevent erroneous or inappropriate claims about product, service,
earnings and the MLM Marketing and MLM Compensation Plan. MLM
Legal and MLMLegal.com and Babener and Associates provides expert
MLM Consultant and MLM Consulting advise on MLM corporate, MLM software,
MLM Compensation, MLM Taxes, etc. MLM Consulting is an important component
for MLM startup. Careful Choice of MLM Software is another component
of MLM Corporate. An MLM Consultant and MLM Law and MLM Legal
is part of the MLM Startup Team. MLM Compensation must be reviewed
by an MLM Consulting standpoint by an MLM Consultant and MLM Legal and
MLM Law professional and programmed by a MLM Software and MLM Technology
The Disclosure Issue
Most of the states are fairly explicit in the sorts of disclosures that must be made to a consumer at the time he or she subscribes to a discount buying service. California appears to have adopted the most comprehensive disclosure requirements of any of the states. There, a seller of a discount buying service must provide a buyer with several written disclosures, some of which are:
1. The exact nature of the services it provides, specifying the general categories of goods which are available at the seller's place of business or warehouse, those goods which must be obtained through third parties to which the seller will refer the customer, and those categories of goods which must be ordered or obtained through the mail.
2. A list, current within the previous 60 days, of at least 100 items which are sold by or through the organization or available to those who contract with the organization, identified by brand name, model, and total price, including a reasonable estimate of freight or delivery charges.
3. A statement of the discount buying organization's policy with respect to warranties or guarantees on goods ordered, and the policy with respect to the return of ordered goods, cancellation of orders by the buyer, and refunds for cancellation or return;
4. A disclosure as to whether any stockholder, director, officer, or other principal in the discount buying organization has been convicted of a crime relating to fraud or has been held liable in any civil action relating to fraud or misleading representations;
5. A disclosure as to whether any principal in the discount buying organization is the subject of any current injunction or restrictive order relating to business activity.
If you're interested in taking advantage of the network marketing opportunity, but marketing nutritional, home care, or personal care products is not for you, then consider marketing a service - namely a discount buying service. It may save you money; it may save your friends money; and you may earn some extra income to boot.
But whatever you do, be certain that you and the discount buying opportunity you represent follow the rules.
consultant practice tips. DIRECT SALES Legal and MLMLegal.com and Babener
and Associates provides expert DIRECT SALES Consultant and DIRECT
SALES Consulting advise on DIRECT SALES corporate, DIRECT SALES software,
DIRECT SALES Compensation, DIRECT SALES Taxes, etc. DIRECT SALES Consulting
is an important component for DIRECT SALES startup. Careful Choice
of DIRECT SALES Software is another component of DIRECT SALES Corporate.
An DIRECT SALES Consultant and DIRECT SALES Law and DIRECT SALES Legal
is part of the DIRECT SALES Startup Team. DIRECT SALES Compensation
must be reviewed by an DIRECT SALES Consulting standpoint by an DIRECT
SALES Consultant and DIRECT SALES Legal and DIRECT SALES Law professional
and programmed by a DIRECT SALES Software and DIRECT SALES Technology